PCF Cares 2015 - Career Crawl
Save the Date: October 8, 2015
- Time: 7:45am - 1:00pm
- Location: Downtown Honolulu
- Who: PCF Alumni and 50+ high school students
Confirm Your Participation
CONFIRM or DECLINE your participation by emailing Leslie.Uptain@tpl.org. Within that email, please also provide the following information:
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Cell Phone
- Email (best to contact you regarding this event)
- Do you want to be a HOST? TOUR GUIDE? OTHER?
We are hoping to receive an email from EVERY ALUM, confirming or declining your participation. MAHALO in advance!
- 7:45 - 8:15 Check in, introductions, meet up with your tour guide
- 8:15 - 8:30 Walking commute to 1st office tour
- 8:30 - 9:15 1st office tour
- 9:15 - 9:30 Walking commute to 2nd office tour
- 9:30 - 10:15 2nd office tour
- 10:15 - 10:30 Walking commute to 3rd office tour
- 10:30 - 11:15 3rd office tour
- 11:15 - 11:30 Walking commute to lunch
- 11:30 - 1:00 Lunch, program, inspirational speaker, networking
A Note to Our Hosts:
For those of you who are going to serve as our "hosts," you will have three separate groups of [4 to 5] high school students to entertain at your office for approximately 40 to 45 minutes for each group x 3 groups total. We kindly ask that you agendize your time wisely and focus on the following:
- Office tour (show them your "bells and whistles")
- Macro to Micro: What does your industry do globally? What does your industry do in Hawaii? What does your specific company do? What do you do?
- The path toward becoming a (______) is (______).
- The 3 Cs: Community, Creativity, Competence. How does a (_____) successfully accomplish these shared PCF values at work? At home? In the Community?
- Q & A.
- Swag and Giveaways.
Please be prepared to share your business cards with the high school students, and please be prepared to mentor them / provide them with guidance in the future. Without this important part of the equation, this day will just be a drop of sunshine for the kids, whereas it could become a ray of guiding light . . .
A Note to Our Tour Guides:
For those of you who are going to serve as our "tour guides," you will have a group of [4 to 5] high school students to guide through downtown Honolulu. You will have 15 minutes in between office tours. Office tours will be planned so that you do not have to walk very far in between. However, we kindly ask that you walk your tour beforehand so you are not hurriedly scanning directories in the lobby during your tours. We also think that you will have enough time in between your office tours to talk to the students about all of the items listed above; you just won't be doing it in your own office.
If you cannot participate on Thursday, October 8th, but you would like to help in another capacity, please contact Leslie Uptain, PCF 2014, at Leslie.Uptain@tpl.org. If you would like to make a financial contribution to support our shared efforts and costs, please contact Travis Kikuchi, PCF 2014, at firstname.lastname@example.org.